Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information that you provide via our website, our apps or our guest registration cards.
- information that you provide if you contact us through our general enquiry form.
- information that you provide when completing surveys that we use for research purposes.
- information you provide which we may use during your stay, or to enhance your stay with us. This could include sensitive personal data, eg dietary requirements, health information and/or information about disabilities etc.
- details of transactions (including details of payment cards used) that you carry out through our website or apps.
- details of your visits to our website or apps, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and/or the resources that you access.
- information that you provide when you enter a competition or promotion.
- when you report a problem with our website or one of our apps.
- information that you provide when registering to one of our programmes, including, but not limited to, registration to our website or e-newsletter subscription
- • information that you provide when submitting a Meetings and Events enquiry.
- Information passed to us by third parties.
- Information you may provide when ordering from our in-room concierge service.
Use of personal information
We may process personal information about you for the purposes of:
- providing you with our services.
- dealing with your booking, enquiries, complaints about our service, or other requests.
- administering your booking and other services.
- tailoring our services to your requirements and preferences.
- direct-marketing products and services, advising you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information and carrying out market research campaigns.
- providing you with information about other products, special offers and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. This may include products and services made available by selected partners and any member of our group of companies.
- conducting internal operations and analysis, including systems testing and statistical research.
- restructuring our business operations, eg we may need to transfer your information as a result of a sale or acquisition.
- Complying with laws, orders or regulations.
We may contact you by e-mail, text or telephone for these purposes. Telephone calls may be recorded for training, monitoring and/or quality control.
Information that you enter into our booking forms
Information that you enter into our booking forms may be collected and stored by us so that we may contact you in relation to your booking/enquiry/attempted transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to you, or to call you to respond to the enquiry, or for the purposes outlined above, or to enquire as to why the transaction was not completed.
Our website provides plug-ins to social media websites, including Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube and Instagram (see our website for an up to date list).
If you make use of, or log-in to, the social media features on our website or apps, we may (depending on your privacy settings) access, use and store information about you, including, but not limited to: your name, e-mail address, gender, location, profile, picture, contacts, and any other information you have chosen to make available.
Our website, apps and guest registration cards provide you with the opportunity to opt out of receiving promotional and marketing information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by selecting the appropriate /opt out option. You can also exercise this right at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com with your name, email address and, if you have made a booking with us, a confirmation number. Alternatively, please contact us, or click the “unsubscribe” button in our email communications.
Where we store your personal information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Disclosure of your personal information
We will not sell your personal information to third parties without your prior consent. We may disclose your personal information to: any member of our group of companies, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries; successors in title to our business; to suppliers and external agencies we engage to process information on our behalf; to third parties (including, but not limited to, professional indemnity insurers, brokers, new hotel owners/managers, auditors and other professional advisors); and where disclosure is required by law or any regulatory authority.
Apart from where disclosure is required by law or any regulatory authority, we will only disclose your personal information to our selected business partners and service providers:
- for the purpose of administrating your requests and any booking.
- for providing other services which you have requested.
- to communicate an offer of other goods and services, with your prior consent.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or processing.
Access to information
You have a right to access and correct personal information that we hold about you or to obtain a copy of it. We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly. Any access request may be subject to a fee (not to exceed £10) towards our costs in providing you with details of the information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. To obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
Tracking Devices or ‘Cookies’
As part of the new data protection laws we are required to let you know when we use any kind of tracking devices or ‘cookies’ on our website.
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer via your web browser when you visit a website. It enables us to recognise you when you come back to the site so we can tell how often you visit us and help us to retain information such as the most recent search you used, the hotels you viewed etc. The information is not linked to your personal details.
Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and have already been set. Others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used or help to improve the experience of using our site.
Please note: In order to use all the functionality on our website and to make a booking you will need to have session cookies enabled. If you do not wish to have cookies enabled you can make a booking by telephoning us directly.
We use 3 types of Cookies:
These are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your browser.
These are stored on your computer until they expire or you remove them. Persistent cookies store your personal preferences such as your language preferences on multi-lingual sites to make subsequent visits easier. They also for example remember questions we have asked you previously, such as a request to complete an online survey. A persistent cookie will prevent you from being asked to complete the same survey every time you visit the website.
Third Party cookies:
We work with third parties who, on our behalf, research the use of our website and activities on it. In doing so they may place a cookie on your computer. However it would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand. We also work with third parties to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions on third party websites. Again, the cookie would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand.
You can adjust the settings in your web browser to determine whether sites can set cookies on your computer by following the browser specific instructions at the following links;
Cookie settings in Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies)
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955)
Cookie settings in Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647)
Cookie settings in Safari (OS X) (https://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html)
Cookie settings in Safari (iOS) (https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677)
Cookie settings in Android (https://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022)
If you have any requests or queries concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our practices, please contact us at email@example.com